Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Leopard Appie with Spot on his Ear.

My friend, Linda Shantz, is having a busy month, what with writing projects, caring for horses, and painting a horse a day, she's one busy lady! The weather isn't co-operating with her, as the rain makes her horses muddy and causes a lot of extra work.

I got to thinking about when I was creating at least one painting a day, and how it's hard to come up with reference material of your own when you're doing that kind of project. You get so familiar with your own photos, sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees and you can't decide which photo you want to paint from on any given day.

So I sent her a photo from my collection, of a horse with a cute look in his eye. I didn't know what day she would paint that horse, but she did tell me was going to use him. When I saw her blog, with that horse and the cute look in his eye, I recognized him in one second. She did such a great job of painting him!

Here's a couple more photos of that same horse, he's got such an odd spot on his ear, and see below, he has vertical stripes down his front legs! I just think that's interesting. I wish he was mine, I could really get used to the way he looks!
Hope you enjoyed seeing him too...
Donna Ridgway
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What a cool horse, Donna!! Thanks for posting these other pics of him. He would sure give be a splash of colour with all these plain TBs around here! And thanks again for the photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...