Saturday, January 21, 2006

Here's a little circus horse. When I was about 6 or 7 years old, one of my older cousins took me to school with her for the day. Someone at the school was putting on a carnival. My cousin threw a ball and won a chalkware circus horse. She immediately handed the horse to me and said, "Here, you love horse, you can have it." I treasured that horse for many years. When I was grown up, I was helping my parents for a while when they were starting a new business. We went back and forth from one location to another and someone took my circus horse. I went without one for many years, until one day I found another at a flea market and bought it. I pretend it's the one my cousin gave me!

I did this painting of my circus horse yesterday, I wanted to capture the feel and excitement of a circus so I played around with the background until it felt exciting to me. When I get some glitter, I'll put it on the horse as these chalkware horses had glitter on them. It seems that will finish this painting off to perfection!
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...